Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe.
They are looking to recruit a Stores Manager to their expanding team.
Are you a Stores Supervisor / Stores Manager who wants to make a dramatic improvement to the way a stores and warehouse function is run?
Our Client, a leading manufacturer of design-and-build materials handling equipment and they are undergoing significant change to modernise, improve and streamline the way the company is run and operates.
This exciting new opportunity will allow an experienced stores supervisor / manager to join the business and take a positive role in improving how goods are received, inspected, picked, kitted, have value added to them, and are then taken through to despatch.
Stores Manager - Job Summary & Description
* Working with a senior manager within the business, you will have strong input in a project that is being embarked upon now to re-design the layout of stores and to participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery ensuring that policies and procedure's comply with legislation and regulatory requirements.
* The role is to improve how the stores is run and is expected to be a considerable task. Senior management are conscious this could be overwhelming if considered as one overall project and due to this, plan on breaking the project down into manageable stages.
* The role will ultimately manage staff across the business involved in goods-in, picking, kitting and goods-out. For the right person our client is happy to give full responsibility for the role immediately, or even allow for the new starter to focus more heavily on the certain areas of the project and then gain the full reporting line further in the future.
* This position is an excellent role for an experienced supervisor/manager who knows what 'good' looks like in terms of factory and stores. It is also an outstanding opportunity to make a real impact on how a company is run.
* To be suitable for this role you will have Stores supervisory experience within a high performing stores environment. You will know how to run an efficient, organised and clean stores function with experience using an MRP system. You will ideally have experience of a design-and-build / engineering/manufacturing operation but it is not essential.
* This role will suit an experienced supervisor / manager who takes genuine pride in their stores function.
* The business do not have bar coding in their stores and so pick lists are computer generated and then manually handled.
* If you want imprint your own personal stamp on what a Stores function should look like, then this will be an excellent job for you.
MRP System - Jobscope
Stores Manager - Apply ASAP